rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Business » India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

Last updated on: June 19, 2012 08:48 IST

India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

     Next

Next

India's domestic air traffic rose during to 258.07 lakh from January to May 2012 as against 244.98 lakh during the corresponding period of previous year, registering a growth of 5.34 per cent.

Here's how the 6 airlines performed in May...



Image: Ground staff guide a Jet Airways aircraft towards a gate on the tarmac at Bengaluru International Airport.

Tags: India

     Next

India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

1. Jet Airways
 
With a market share 21.4 per cent for Jet Airways and 6.5 per cent for Jet Konnect in May, the combined share of the Jet Group stood at 27.9 per cent.

Seat factor in May: 77.1%
On time performance: 85.6%
Passenger complaints
Jet Airways: 1.5
JetLite: 1.4

(Passenger complaints is No. of complaints/10,000 passengers)


Click NEXT to read more...



Image: Jet Airways.
Photographs: Punit Paranjpe/Reuters.

Prev     Next

India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

2. IndiGo

IndiGo is ranked second with a market share of 24.9 per cent.

Seat factor in May: 86.3
On time performance: 91.5%
Passenger complaints: 2

Click NEXT to read more...


Image: IndiGo airlines.
Photographs: Reuters.
Tags: , India

Prev     Next

India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

3. SpiceJet

SpiceJet stayed ahead of Air India at the third position with a market share of 18.5 per cent.

Seat factor in May: 82%
On time performance: 80.8%
Passenger complaints: 1.4

Click NEXT to read more...


Image: SpiceJet.
Photographs: Reuters.

Prev     Next

India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

4. Air India

Air India market share fell further to 16.2 per cent from 17.6 per cent in April.

Seat factor in May: 70.6%
On time performance: 88%
Passenger complaints: 1.5

Click NEXT to read more...


Image: Air India's Airbus A321 (L) and Boeing 777-200 LR aircraft.
Photographs: Punit Paranjpe/Reuters.
Tags: Air India

Prev     Next

India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

Prev     Next
Prev

Next

5. GoAir

With a market share of 7.2 per cent, GoAir stood at the fifth position.

Seat factor in May: 78.1%
On time performance: 88.6%
Passenger complaints: 1.9

Click NEXT to read more...



Image: GoAir.
Photographs: Reuters.
Tags: , India

Prev     Next

India's airlines: Meet the winners and losers!

Prev     More
Prev

More

6. Kingfisher Airlines

Kingfisher Airlines is at the bottom of the charts, with a market share of 5.2 per cent.

Seat factor in May: 73.3%
On time performance: 80.2%
Passenger complaints: 1



Photographs: Reuters.

Prev     More